Saturday, August 10, 2013

Sat Aug 10th - SNOW!

Yep, it was raining again today.  We hung around the RV for awhile then decided to head north to Montrose and do some shopping.  I didn't figure I would have any good pictures for the blog, so I took a few thru the Jeep windshield on the way. 
Note the absence of snow:
Yes, this is the same highway that we drive the RV, towing the Jeep (and hope everybody stays on their own side):


 On the way home, we stopped in Ouray and joined Charles & Jane for Mexican food.  It was STILL raining.  After we left Ouray and headed south, we turned into one of the curves, and presto -- all the mountain tops had been dusted in snow in the few hours we were gone:
 
 That's the "Red Mountain" that shows up from different locations in so many of our pictures:


 



 

 
The mountain in front of our RV has a cloud hanging over it so we cannot yet tell if it has snow on it.  Should make the trails more interesting.  Gonna be a chilly night in the mountains tonight!!
 
I hear it's still summer out there somewhere.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment